Author Topic: WW Weekly Update - 17th June 2019  (Read 534 times)

AlexJones

• Administrator
WW Weekly Update - 17th June 2019
« on: 17 June 2019, 17:13 »
Good afternoon all,

Well the weather has been well and truly challenging the last week or so. The planned rides for the OVO Women’s Tour to Burton Dassett were cancelled, which was a real shame. However Mountford braved the conditions and completed a ride on the Thursday morning, and a few of our members did make it over to watch the tour at Burton Dassett. Some sensibly went by car, others braved it and rode!

The Important Stuff

Thursday Evening Ladies Ride - Alison Speechly has kindly volunteered to lead the ride this Thursday. So please go along and enjoy a social summer evening ride that may well end up at the Stag’s Head for a post ride drink. The meeting place is the normal Old Ettington Road at 6:30pm.

Summer Barbecue - You will have received an email about the summer barbecue. I know a number of you have emailed me previously and let me know that you are attending, and that is fantastic. However I would now like to firm the numbers up, and let the Boars Head know the numbers attending so that they can cater accordingly. If members could complete the very short RSVP that would be extremely helpful, even if you are not able to attend.

Just to nudge your memories, the cost is £10/head, with drinks obviously extra and it will be held on Friday 5th July. Start time is 7pm, with the BBQ being in full flow for 8pm. It will be great to see you there, please do come along and bring guests as well. The more the merrier.
 Club Rides

So here we go with the weekly round up, and please remember if you wish to hear about the rides in full, go and read the full reports that the ride leaders take time to pull together, on the Wellesbourne Wheelers Forum;

Tuesday Ride - Rain stopped play, which is somewhat amazing for the Tuesday night ride;

Mountford Ride – Sue Bacon led out a group of 3 in drizzly conditions. They completed a route of 27 miles at an average of 12mph and managed to see the OVO riders pass the Moreton Paddox road end;

Dene Ride  - Cancelled;

Hastings Ride – Cancelled;

Sunday Casual – Alex Jones led out 7 riders for the Casual ride this week. They managed to cover 23 miles, 1,000’ of ascent at an average of 13.3mph;

Sunday Club – Rob Lillywhite led out 6 riders out Whichford, after Mr Jones had managed to double book his ride leader duties. They managed to cover 44 miles, 2,400’ of ascent completed at 15.6mph. They managed to get very wet, and muddy.

And finally

Let’s just hope that the weather improves and that we get some sunshine, and some club rides in this week!

Thanks and have a great week.

Alex